Wednesday 2 March 2011

“Being happy, doesn’t mean that everything is perfect... 

...It means you decided to look beyond the imperfections.” (Anonymous.)

Yup. That’s right.  Happiness is a personal decision.

I remember when I was watching ‘The Secret’ for the first time.  And many people were expressing gratitude before they got out of bed in the morning. I kept bumping into books for weeks after that said the same thing. Constant reminders everywhere. You just have to be open to it. Or conscious of it.
But how could this be, I thought? My son would get out of bed miserably each weekday. Bitching and complaining from everything under the sun until he left for school. By that time, I was in a frenzy! My nerves were razzled! My heart rate was sky high. How can you choose to be happy when you are faced with this, day in and day out? You must be crazy!  It just doesn’t happen in my household! Really!
And then I pushed that thought to the side.  And kept reading. And reading. A few days later, I discovered something that nearly knocked me off my chair.  A beautiful revelation.  So sweet and pure, and best of all....so true!  It completely saved my life. Not to mention my sanity.  And of course, I’ll share it with you.
Just in case you have to face an unpleasant morning. Kids having ugly moods. Hubby’s or wives having fits. Angry neighbours. Or colleagues or workers. Or... you get the point.  Here’s the trick that saved the day. At least I don’t suffer from my son’s negativity. I don’t hear things that are negative.
You ready for this?  No seriously, now. ...Get ready: It’s personal choice. 
Hey, stop looking behind you as if you missed something.  You haven’t.   Yeah, that’s the answer! It’s just that it’s so simple.  You have to listen very carefully, because it IS SO simple.  It’s choice.  You’re decision. Now how powerful is that? That’s right. Not rocket science my friend.
No, you don’t have to get a new kid. Or headphones to block out the chatter. Or carry a bigger stick, or new ultimatums....you have to choose for yourself not to let the outer world affect your inner happiness.  And when you do.  Yup, when you do this,.. wow!  It’s heaven!
He may still curse at you in the mornings, but you handle it differently.  You choose to be happy in spite of everything. You choose to be happy for you.  And things start to reflect back.
What did you say? That’s right.  They’ll start to change.  You’ll see. It becomes contagious. Sorta infectious. As the world discovers what they dish out your way, negative or positive, somehow it bounces off you.  And you are still happy.  They fight and argue, scream and swear, but you’re still smiling. You seem to be just an observer.  Watching another rerun. ... And so it is. Nothing more than theatrics.
All because you chose to be happy in this moment. It doesn’t get much better than that, my friend! It’s Personal Choice.

Always Expect Miracles,
Inspirational Author,
Kassie Wright
tkwright@xplornet.ca
As always, I welcome your thoughts.
(My inspirational book is now available at http://www.amazon.com/ or .ca
“Always, yes Always EXPECT Miracles! )

No comments:

Post a Comment