Monday 21 February 2011

2 Things you NEVER talk about...

...Nope it's not a 'trick' question. Not a gender-based one either.  You know where the guys would answer, the 'feelings and relationship' thingy.  And the gals would say you never talk about 'love or past relationships'.  Forget that.  Not even close.

Maybe you're thinking along age-gradience query.  Hmmm. Let's see.  My father would say you never talk or ask somebuddy how much money they make.  But besides having proper etiquette.  What's the real answer?

I'll cut right to the chase.  Won't make you guess anymore.  It's Politics and Religion. Yup. Ohhh...  Now you see.  Since the beginning of time, arguments have been made over both.  Still and never- ending debates continue.

Even I refuse to talk on either subject. And I have a degree in Political Science.  I should know. Well that's leading a loaded question wouldn't you say? I'd be the first to say, no comment on both.  First, because it's not up for discussion. Second, because it is always opinion-based and subjective.

And lastly, and most importantly, because it's none of your business. I didn't say that, of course.  You just thought of it. 

Now what does 'Politics and Religion' have to do with inspiration, you ask.  Afterall, it's on my Inspirational Blog? The answer it quite simple.  And direct.  It's nothing and everything. Confused?

You see my friend, everything is based on faith.  Every human being belongs to a religion of some kind or another.  Whether it's prescribed or not. Or whether they know it or not. And  yes, whether they practice it or not.

And everyone tends to hold on to political views too.Whether they express them openly. Or quietly contemplate them.  It's hard to look the other way when everything seems to dictate a label on both... Religion and Politics. 

A much more empowering view leads me to believe in the political philosophy I once studied.  That of Socratic thought.  Always providing a question in response to a thought.  Or maybe reminising over Plato and Aristotles words.  That leads to me to leave with you, Aristotles words to ponder over.  Perhaps we will let his words save the day in our relentless internal battles over comments of Religion and Politics.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." — Aristotle.

Always Expect Miracles,
Inspirational Author
Kassie Wright
tkwright@xplornet.ca

As always, I welcome your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment